Prep time: About 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Calories per serving: 297 (based on 4 servings)
I am in love with Thai food. If you love spicy food, then I suggest you include this recipe in your menu for this week! I know it says turkey here, but you can definitely substitute with ground chicken, or even pork or beef.
This is commonly done with ground chicken, but I thought of giving it a bit of a twist by using turkey instead.
Alright, here we go! The ingredients are:
1 to 1.5 lbs of Ground Turkey 85/15 or ground chicken
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp olive or canola oil
4 tbsps Oyster Flavored Sauce
3 tbsps Fish Sauce
3 tbsps Sriracha Chili Sauce
2 tbsps Rice Vinegar
1/3 cup Lite Coconut Milk
2 tbsps Lime Juice
Basil Leaves, about 15 leaves
String Beans – Fresh Green, about 1 cup
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, sriracha or hot sauce, rice vinegar, coconut milk and lime juice. Set aside.
2) Boil or steam the green beans for about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) In a large skillet, heat the oil and sweat the minced garlic. Add in the ground meat. Cook until the meat is lightly browned. You would want to drain the meat using a colander.
4) Add the meat back to the skillet and turn the heat to medium. Add the chili mixture and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the fresh basil leaves. Lastly, add the green beans.
5) Serve warm over rice of your choice. Garnish with chili flakes if desired.
Easy peasy-lemon squeezy! Make it a part of your weekend menu. You will not regret it 😉
Eat well and be well. – Ella Bella