Prep time: About 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 25 minutes (for the potatoes and eggs)
Calories per serving: 231 (based on 4 servings)
It’s been a while since I made potato salad. Since I am on a mission to make favorites healthier, I was compelled to put together this lower calorie version as 2014 starts.
It worked out great, too, since I had leftover turkey meat! Yay!
Without further ado, here are the ingredients:
2 to 2.5 boiled potatoes, cubed
3 medium to large boiled eggs, cubed
Oven Baked/Roasted Skinless Turkey Breast- Meat Only, about 4 oz (shredded)
4 tbsps Light Mayo
4 tbsps Light Sour Cream
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 stalks green onion (optional)
Paprika, a dash (optional)
1) Boil the potatoes and eggs in two separate pots. I added some salt to the pot with the potatoes in them. Once done, cool completely.
2) Once the potatoes and eggs are cooled, cube them into bite size pieces.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the light mayo and light sour cream. Add some salt (I used about a teaspoon) and black pepper. Mix well.
4) Throw in the potatoes and eggs into the mayo mixture until everything is well incorporated. Mix in the shredded turkey as well. Then add in the green onions. You can also use the green onions as garnish.
5) Add a dash of paprika if so desired.
6) Serve with your favorite meat dish or eat as a snack 🙂
Notes: You may replace turkey with chicken or bacon, or ham – whatever you prefer!
Eat well and be well. – Ella Bella