Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 to 9 minutes baking time, about 60 minutes chilling and waiting time
Calories per serving: Only 144 cals each (based on a 20-piece yield)
This is definitely one of my best recipes yet! In fact, I’ve already made them twice this week!
The cookies were soft, and dipping the plain cookie in melted chocolate and toasted coconut was something I knew would work like a charm.
Here are the ingredients:
½ stick (4 tbsps) unsalted butter, softened
4 tbsps Crisco Baking Sticks
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup to 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate chips, melted
¾ cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1) Cream the butter, baking sticks and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2) Add the egg to the butter mixture and combine together with a hand mixer. Add the vanilla.
3) Slowly incorporate the flour into the butter mixture, add in the salt and baking soda and mix well. The batter will be a bit thick which should be just fine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5) Once the batter has chilled long enough, place spoonfuls on to an ungreased cookie sheet. This recipe can make between 16 to 20 pieces, depending on the size. Mine yielded 20.
6) Bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes. Cool completely (about 25 minutes).
7) Before the cookies have cooled completely, start toasting the coconut. All you need to do is brown the coconut flakes in a non stick pan on medium low heat. No need for any oil. Just be careful as you don’t want them to burn. You want them to just be lightly browned. Set aside and put in a shallow dish.
8) Next, melt the chocolate chips in a sauce pan on medium low heat. You should mix it constantly until all the chips are melted and smooth.
9) Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and coconut and let them stand in a cooling rack for a few minutes. Chilling in the fridge in a lidded container for a few minutes is recommended.
Enjoy with a cup of coffee or a warm glass of milk. Enjoy the rest of your holidays!
Eat well and be well. – Ella Bella